THE BEST RAW VEGAN CINNAMON ROLLS
Hi guys! And welcome back!!
Today I am super excited to share a recipe with you all which honestly really surpassed my expectations. It is made with such few ingredients - bananas being one of the main ones. And if I may say so myself, I do happen to be a very experienced cinnamon roll eater, which is one the recipes I grew up with and happened to be one of my mom's expertise recipes. So there was a lot at stake making this recipe! But when I took the first bite, there was no way back. Oh my God, so filled to the brim with cream that I couldn't help but fall in love! And it's just made with fruit? HOW??
Keep reading to learn how!
Raw Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 12 hours and 15 minutes
Servings: 10 small cinnamon rolls
Category: Dessert / Snack
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Low-Fat, Sugar-Free, Oil-Free, Raw Vegan
Does it keep? 1-2 days in the fridge. Eat fast as banana oxidizes quickly.
- 1 cup soaked dates (I used this kind) + some of the saoking water
- 4 ripe bananas (buy in your local supermarket)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp cashew butter
- Vitamix Blender
- Dehydrator (I use this kind)
- Prepare the bananas the night before so they can dehydrate the overnight. See video below for full instructions. Slice the bananas into 3-4 pieces, lengthwise, and place them on the dehydrator tray. Dehydrate overnight at 40 Celsius (115 Fahrenheit)
- The morning after, check the texture of the bananas. They have to be rubbery yet firm.
- Once you are ready to prepare the filling, add dates and cinnamon to a high speed blender. I recommend a vitamix. Add a bit of the water from the soaked dates in order for it to blend more effeciently. Blend until completely smooth and creamy. This filling lasts a week in the fridge, so you can prepare beforehand if you wish.
Spread the filling along a banana slice, lengthwise, and roll it up. Repeat, and roll the next banana slice round the first already rolled one, in order to make a bigger cinnamon roll. You can even use small or broken pieces of the banana, as they can all help make the cinnamon roll bigger.
- Once all rolled up, add to the dehydrator for another 1-2 hours. This will heat them up slightly and make them more firm. This step is optional but I found they came out more delicious like this!
- Once done, make the icing by mixing cashew butter, agave syrup and vanilla well. Top the cinnamon buns generously with this.
- Ready to eat! Best to eat right away, they last only 1-2 days in the fridge before the banana part gets too oxidized.
I hope you like it! If you make it, take a photo and tag @celiahjorth on Instagram and I will re-share it on my stories!
See video instructions here:
Check out my Raw Vegan Recipe book, Raw Abundance, with over 30 delicious, healthy meals that are completely model diet approved! USE THE DISCOUNT CODE 2020 and get 20% off!
Subscribe to my newsletter to get a free guide on CDS.