Hi Guys! Welcome back to the food blog ;)
Today we have one of the most decadent summer recipes I know of, the amazing ice cream sandwich. Only this time, we have made it #modeldiet worthy, filled it with all the good stuff and left all the not-so-good-for-you stuff out!
The recipe is pretty simple and straight forward, you just need a blender and a freezer. I bet you want to get on with the reading now and just make the recipe. Let's go!
- 2 cups soaked dates (I used this kind) + some of the soaking water
- 4 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 2-4 Tbsp cacao nibs
- Vanillaand sea salt to taste
- 2 ripe, frozen bananas (buy fresh in your local supermarket and freeze them when spotty on the skin. Spotty = sweetness)
- Dash of plant milk
- Vanilla to taste
- Vitamix Blender
- Add all the dough ingredients except oat flour and cacao nibs to a blender. Blend until smooth, don't worry if it's a bit runny since you will be adding the flour.
- Add flour and cacao nibs and divide into two. Spread into two seperate square molds lined with parchment paper. Add to the freezer for 60 minutes
- After an hour, take the cookie dough squares out of the freezer. Start preparing the ice cream by adding two frozen bananas, a dash of vanilla and plant milk to a high speed blender and blend until creamy
Spread the ice cream on one of the cookie dough squares. Add the other square on top and freeze for another hour! A bonus tip is to spread a bit of peanut butter mixed with agave syrup on one or both squares as it makes the ice cream sandwiches extra delish!
- After an hour, take out the big ice cream sandwich and cut it up into 4-6 sandwiches. Ready to serve and eat like this or re-freeze them for a future delight! Let them thaw for 2-3 minutes before eating them as the banana ice cream can be a bit hard.
I hope you like it! If you make it, take a photo and tag @celiahjorth on Instagram and I will re-share it on my stories!
If you liked this recipe, check out my Raw Vegan Recipe book, Raw Abundance, with over 30 delicious, healthy meals that are completely model diet approved! USE THE DISCOUNT CODE 2020 and get 20% off!