Vegan Snickers Recipe
Hi guys and welcome back to my blog!
I hope you are all well, despite everything going on in the world. Before I even get in to the recipe, I just want to mention that I just published a free guide on CDS, a substance having been proven to be effective against corona, and I want to spread it for free. Just scroll down to the bottom of my website and subscribe, and you will get an email with the download link :) Feel free to share this information with others by referring them to my site.
Anyways, back to the food topic!
With all the time at home, I end up cooking a lot, because it is something that really calms me down. And let's be honest, I like to eat. Does that happen to anyone else? Obviously, as a model, I have to be considerate about what I am eating, generally I only eat processed and refined food 1-2 times per week, so in-between that, I make healthy recipes like this one, so I can still "indulge"!
These vegan snickers bars not only taste amazing, but they are completely refined sugar-free and low fat as well! They contain very few ingredients and only take 10 min to prepare. I may have made them several times this week already *confession*.
To see how to make them, watch video below or follow instructions further down.
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1 cup dates (I used this kind)
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- Pinch sea salt and vanilla extract (optional for extra sweetness)
- 3-4 Tbsp of peanuts
- 2 ounces cacao butter
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 3-4 Tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- Pinch sea salt and vanilla extract
Pit, and soak the dates in warm water for 1-2 hours.
Add the dates, peanut butter, salt and vanilla to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If needed, add a bit of water or plant milk to make it blend, but make sure it still maintains a caramel-like texture.
- Keep 2 Tbsp of the date caramel in the blender and add the oat flour. Blend. As well, add small amounts of liquid if needed.
- Add the oat layer to a Tupperware. Then top with caramel layer and sprinkle with peanuts. Add to the freezer for 60-90 minutes for it to set.
- After 90 minutes, start preparing the topping by melting all of thetopping ingredients together in a bowl placed over a pot with boiling water. Stir frequently. Once fully melted, take the Snickers out of the freezer and add the chocolate on top. As the snickers is already frozen, the chocolate will harden quickly. Wait 5 minutes and it is ready to serve and eat!
I hope you like it! If you make it, take a photo and tag @celiahjorth on Instagram and I will re-share it on my stories!Want more?
Check out my Raw Vegan Recipe book, Raw Abundance, with over 30 delicious, healthy meals that are completely model diet approved!
recipe, vegan recipe, model diet, snickers, vegan snickers bars, what i eat, low fat, dessert, vegan dessert, dessert recipe